Thank you for attending ELSS 2016!
IISE would like to thank you for another great ELSS conference. The success of the conference wouldn't be possible without the hard work of everyone involved.
We hope you enjoyed the informative sessions and networking opportunities, and received useful knowledge and skills you can take back to your work.
The PowerPoint presentations and papers submitted by the speakers for the 2016 conference are now online. Click here to select the day and track and click on the session.
Join us again on Sept. 25-27, 2017, in Orlando, Florida, for even more of the best practices and solutions to achieve your organization's objectives.
Conference Highlights 2016
- Click here to view the conference photo album (Photos taken by Mark Milward, U.S. Naval Submarine Base, New London).
Best Paper Competition
Sponsored by the University of Houston College of Technology.
- First place: Carlos Fiol, SSMBB, business process consultant, Wells Fargo - "Leveraging Text Data to Improve Complex Service Systems Processes"
- First runner-up: Dustin Diep and Waleed Mirdad, research assistants, Chinweike Eseonu, Ph.D., assistant professor,
Oregon State University - "State of Art Matrix Lean Simulation"
- Second runner-up: Mario Aboytes, Milad Taherkhorsandi, Hernan Chavez, Krishnan Krishnaiyer, Sue Stankus,
Krystel Castillo, and F. Frank Chen, Ph.D., director, University of Texas at San Antonio - "Improving Radio Frequency Identification Accuracy in a Warehouse Setting"
Best Poster Competition
Sponsored by LS2 Performance Solutions LLC.
- First place: Krishnan Krishnaiyer, University of Texas at San Antonio, San Antonio - "A Lean Approach to Cloud-Based Query Management: Finance Case Study"
- First runner-up: Manu Khandelwal and Mayur Khandelwal, Crown Cab, Co., Charlotte, North Carolina - "Orthogonal Lean Six Sigma: Workflow and Documentation System Design"
- Second runner-up: Johanna Ficatier, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota - "Improving Care Transitions: Reducing 30-Day Hospital Readmissions"